Truck drivers will do long hours behind the wheel over great distances. So, the likelihood of being in an accident is increased by this road time.
Often, accidents are caused by other road users who don’t take into account the size of a truck and how long and far it can take to stop this vehicle.
In comparison to car accidents, truck accidents typically involve more damage to vehicles and a load that may have dislodged from the trailer onto a road.
In this post, we look at the process of applying for compensation should you be injured in a truck accident.
What do I do if I have a truck accident?
- Make sure everyone is ok if it’s safe to do so. Then contact Triple 000 for Ambulance and Police assistance. If safe and you’re equipped to do so, offer basic first aid to those who need it.
- If the truck’s load contains dangerous chemicals, fuel etc, move away from all vehicles and wait for the Fire Brigade and other emergency services to arrive.
- Report the accident to Police in person at the scene or go online here.
- Obtain the other parties details including driver’s license, rego plate and phone number.
- Contact your insurer to lodge a claim with the details you acquired.
What types of compensation are available?
If you suffer a physical or mental health injury, you may be entitled to make a compensation claim for your rehabilitation.
You can claim for injuries sustained to your body, arm, neck, back and mental health issues such as PTSD
How can I apply for compensation?
The first step is to speak to a qualified motor vehicle accident lawyers that can assess your case and provide advice on making the claim.
You will be required to provide a number of documents detailing your injury and the accident including:
In addition to this, you will need to provide details on the following:
- A quote on the cost to repair your vehicle.
- Medical expenses costs.
- Loss of earnings if you can’t return to work.
- Costs to cover any home assistance, cleaning.
How to arrange a claim for compensation
The first step is to speak to the best car accident lawyers team from Main Lawyers. They will assess your claim, who is at fault and the claim amounts.
If you have been unable to make a claim through QLD CTP insurance, we can help take the claim back to them or court if required. It’s not uncommon for some insurers to delay or refuse large payment amounts, this is where we can act on your behalf.
We offer a free initial consultation to meet with you and discuss your truck accident and compensation claim. This will allow us to give you a more accurate assessment of the case and the likelihood of a successful claim. Contact us today.