Share This Post Here

Back Injury Compensation Claim 

Back injuries are a common form of work-place injury and motor vehicle accidents in Australia, affecting a high number of people across a wide range of industries every year.

Injuries can be caused by a number of reasons including but, not limited to slips, falls, unsafe or risky workplaces, lifting heavy objects or in a motor vehicle accident.

Often people are unsure on what they can and should do if they suffer this type of injury and if they can make a compensation claim for a back injury.

Back injury claims

Can I claim compensation for a back injury at work?

Many are uncomfortable in raising the issue with their employer fearing they may lose their job or have their hours cut back, resulting in a loss of earnings. In addition, avoiding treatment may cause more complications and discomfort over time.

It’s also important to be aware that a personal injury compensation claim should be made as soon as possible after the incident and within three (3) years of the incident. Claims outside the three (3) year period are typically difficult to win outside of this limitation period but the lawyers at Main Lawyers specialise in these limitation issues and may still be able to bring a claim on your behalf. 

Fortunately, there are laws in place to help injured people receive a workers compensation or motor vehicle claim payout for a back injury with the help of a compensation lawyer acting on your behalf.

What are the compensation amounts that can be claimed?

There are different levels of compensation depending on the category of the injury being minor, moderate and serious.

Main Lawyers compensation calculator was designed to help injured people obtain an idea of how much their claim may potentially be worth. Click here to access the calculator.

A qualified compensation lawyer at Main Lawyers will be able to assess the extent of your injury and develop a claim based on those findings.

In order to obtain an estimate of what you may receive, speak with one of our experienced compensation lawyers now.

How do I make a claim for workers compensation?

If you are injured at work, the first thing to do is report to it to your employer. Your employer should then allow you to complete a WorkCover form detailing the incident and your injury. If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident (whether or not you are on your to or from work), you may also need to lodge a claim with a CTP insurer.

Second, visit your Doctor to obtain a Work Capacity Certifcate and or Medical Certificate for CTP insurance claim detailing the extent of your injuries and certified reasons for not returning to work while injured.

Third, make copies of all WorkCover/medical documents and retain these for yourself and complete a NOAC form (if you are in a motor vehicle accident). You will then need to provide these documents to WorkCover and or the CTP insurer to commence your claim.

If you face difficulties in making a claim at this stage or any stage, contact a qualified personal injury lawyer at Main Lawyers for assistance. The Lawyer will assess your case and advise how to move forward and gain a compensation payment. The first consultation is FREE and we work on a no win, no fee arrangement.