Car Accident Insurance Claim Lawyers Gold Coast

Do you know if your car insurance policy covers damage to your car and the damage caused by your car to someone else’s property? On the Gold Coast, all motor vehicles are required to be covered by a base level of Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance for the vehicle to be registered.

However, in the event of an accident, car insurers won’t always offer you the amount of compensation you might be entitled to receive. It all depends on the specifics of your insurance policy. That’s why our car insurance lawyers offer their expertise on a no win no fee basis so you can receive what’s rightfully yours.

Book in for a free initial consultation and find out if you have a valid car insurance claim.

Car Accident Insurance Claim Lawyers Gold Coast QLD

Do you need a lawyer for a car accident?

Not all accidents on the road require a lawyer’s involvement. If the accident has caused an injury or death, however, hiring a car accident lawyer who is an expert in personal injuries is important.

A good car accident insurance lawyer can help you claim the compensation you deserve on all fronts. You may need to make a few claims to insurers and even make a claim to superannuation funds to claim the full extent of your entitlements.

Making car accident claims

When making a car accident claim, you’ll need to factor in more than just the damage to your vehicle, especially if you or any passengers were injured. You can sometimes make claims on the basis of personal injury through a:

  •      Car insurance policy
  •      Life insurance policy
  •      Superannuation fund insurance policy

These matters can get very complicated. The amount of compensation you can receive through a motor vehicle accident claim varies depending on a few factors including:

  •      The extent of the injury
  •      The level of insurance cover
  •      The total value of damages
  •      The value of loss sustained due to injury

To earn the compensation you deserve, book in a free consultation with our expert insurance and personal injury lawyers today. We’ll look at all angles and work for you on a no win no fee basis if we find you have a valid car accident claim.

Interstate Car Accidents

If the accident happened in Queensland, it doesn’t matter where the driver is from. QLD laws apply, and you can claim for damages against the CTP insurer of the vehicle that caused the accident.

If you were in a different state when the accident happened, different laws might apply. If the vehicle at fault is registered in the state of the accident, you can claim against the following:

  •      New South Wales: CTP insurer of “at fault” vehicle;
  •      Victoria: Transport Accident Commission;
  •      Western Australia: Insurance Commission of Western Australia;
  •      South Australia: Motor Accident Commission via Allianz Australia Limited
  •      Northern Territory: Territory Insurance Office (TIO)
  •      Tasmania: Motor Accidents Insurance Board (MAIB)
  •      ACT: CTP insurer of “at fault” vehicle

There are different compensation laws and processes in every state and territory. These will affect how you make your claim and what you might be entitled to receive.

Our expert motor vehicle accident lawyers can help. Book in a free initial consultation today!


Contact Us

Call us on 1800 112 466 or enquire online to book in a free consultation with our principal lawyer to learn more about your rights.


Free Initial Consultation

Consult with our principal solicitor about your situation and receive a FREE assessment of your case, within 24 hours.


Make Informed Decisions

Once you have all the information on your rights & legal options you can then make an informed decision as to how to proceed.

Car Accident Claim FAQs

When should I make a claim?

As soon as possible after the car accident. You might still be able to claim after some time has passed. If you’re not sure or if you’re having any problems (including a rejected claim), contact our expert insurance solicitors today.

Is there a time limit for car insurance claims?

Time limits for motor vehicle insurance claims will vary from one insurer to the next and also according to the laws of your state. In Queensland, the time limit is three (3) years from the date of the incident. There are some exceptions, and so it’s best to seek legal advice as early as possible.

How does CTP work and what does it cover?

In Queensland, every registered motor vehicle needs to have CTP insurance. This insurance covers people who are injured due to the negligence of another driver.

If the person who caused the injury does not have insurance or they are unidentified, you may need to make a claim against the Nominal Defendant. This is a fund that exists to protect people like you who have been injured by unidentified or inured vehicles.

How do I prove there was negligence?

It’s best you speak with a lawyer.

Some situations are easier than others. For example, if your car was rear-ended, then you know the other person was to blame.

If the police were involved and they have charged a fine to either driver, that’s also a good indicator of who is to blame and that there was negligence.

Not all situations are as clear-cut as this though. Your best course of action is to chat with an expert.

How are damages to my car calculated?

Assessing damages to a car or motor vehicle can be complex. In advising you, we’ll consider:

  •      Your past and future loss of income and superannuation benefits;
  •      Your past and future medical expenses;
  •      Any rehabilitation and pharmaceutical expenses you may have;
  •      Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life due to your injuries; and
  •      Any past and future care and assistance you may need (only in some instances).

If you have lost a loved one due to a motor vehicle accident, you and any other dependents may be entitled to commence a death dependency claim.

Car Accident Insurance Gold Coast QLD

Do you have a car insurance claim?

At Main Lawyers, we are expert car insurance lawyers Gold Coast residents have loved working with for many years. We take a personalised approach and ensure we help you get the compensation you may deserve.

If you’ve been in an accident and think you have a valid claim, reach out to our team for a free initial consultation. We’ll help you find out where you stand and what you’re entitled to.

Disclaimer: This information is designed for general information in relation to Queensland and/or New South Wales compensation law and is current at time of publication. It does not constitute legal advice and should not be used as such. We strongly recommend you seek legal advice in regards to your specific situation. For expert advice call 1800 314 761 for a free discussion of your matter with one of our experienced lawyers.

No Win No Fee lawyer Gold coast

Can you afford to let an incident at work or involving a motor vehicle take you out? Do you have the right to a compensation payout? 

Get the information you need to make a decision on your situation.